After 3 years since my last purchase (last one was a Limited Edition Blue Monster) Seiko finally made me itchy to get another one of their new releases....
The Special Edition SRPA21 New Prospex Turtle "PADI" edition!!!
To be honest I have alwaysed liked the "Pepsi" theme and have been missing one ever since I let go of my orient Pepsi Mako!!!
The evergreen seiko pepsi SKX009 never really did appeal to me mainly because of two main caveats :-
1) its really common and easy to get
2) old non hack and windable 7S26 engine
3) the hour markers are flat and the dial is kinda boring with little lume for a dive watch.
I wanted to get the new prospex turtle and was almost making the plunge for a blue one but somehow wanted the pepsi one. The pepsi one had a flat black dial though and that didnt turn me on either. For me Pepsi themed watches should always have a blue dial...
Seiko announced the PADI Special Edition and I was totally smitten. Pictures below:
So in conclusion... I am really liking this PADI Special Edition Watch.
What I like most about it!!!
- Perfect Pepsi themed Turtle!!!
- Nice and big but still flat for sleeves
- Sunburst blue dial is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!
- Special Edition!!!
- Hack and wind 4R36 movement
- Great Lume!!!
What I wished it had :
- Signed crown!!!
- Sapphire Crystal
- ratcheting clasp
All in all... this one is a keeper and I'm glad I got my hands on one :)
Post a Comment