Friday, November 13, 2009

I couldn't resist, from the first time I touched...




...the iPhone!!!

Well well well it looks like I have finally sucumbed to the irresistable charm of the iphone. for those that know me well I have been an anti iphone for the longest of time since the first generation. I was a Pocket PC man and then s symbian man.

what makes me steer away from the iphone before? well it was fully touchscreen, hard to sms, it did not have many 3rd party applications, it had no memory card slot and the battery was not user replacable.

fast forward into the future, the iphone is now in its 3rd generation the 3GS but it costs a an arm and a leg to own one. (maybe even a liver)

after actually using one I was blown away by its touchscreen simplicity and of course the "safari" web browser!!! so far after trying many windows mobile phones and iphone wannabies. No other phone can match the silky smooth feeling of the iphone.

Browsing the internet was seamless almost effortless and the contents look EXACTLY like you would see on your desktop. even youtube videos play directly from the browser.

What makes living with the iphone okay?

- the iphone (jailbroken of course) now have most of my favourite applications and games from the PPC era
- no memory card but the built in 16GB is still more than my nokias 8GB microSD card
- Surfing the web at cafes without bringing a lappy is absolute bliss
- plus I have a secondary nokia E51 for SMSes.

this is one phone that I am having difficulty in parting with.

No comments: