My Thinkpad E120
Time to live without a laptop.
Why I made the change :
- I dont do any heavy report or presentation slide editing on my laptop. I use a desktop for that.
- I wanted something lite
- Using a tablet for presentations rawks!!! and I can also scribble or add annotations during a slideshow..cool.
iPad2 with VGA cable
Here is a break down on the advantages and disadvantages of a Laptop Vs Tablet
- You can do many things, from report writing to photo editing
- A keyboard
- Input options, USB, DVD-Drive, HDMI out etc etc
- You still need to put it on a table to do work properly
- Short battery life (2-5 hours) and the need to find a power outlet
- Heavy, can't fit in a document bag
The iPad Tablet
- Lite and very portable
- 10 hour battery life
- Faster for web browsing with the touch screen
- You can hold it close to you, dont need a table
- Abundant applications making its usefulness wide
- No Media input options, usb drive, DVD-Drive
- No hardware keyboard. (accessories are available)
- Limted functionality (if its not jeilbroken ;) )
Well what else can I say, having been without a laptop for about three months now, I must say that I really dont miss it that much. I am perfectly happy editing my presentation slides using keynote and the touchscreen interface and surfing the web is simply a breeze. Using the tablet when presenting my lectures is also nice :)
Example of a Keynote presentation
Dare to live without a laptop? the choice is yours...
Post a Comment